Brownian thought space

Cognitive science, mostly, but more a sometimes structured random walk about things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rochester, United States

Chronically curious モ..

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I use features

What I tried to say:
"Greek place"
What I ended up saying:
"Breek ... errr..."
What this means:
The initial consonant of word 2 lent it's [place] feature to the initial consonant of word 1; BUT, word 1 kept it's [voicing] feature intact. Thus, /g/ -> /b/
Looks like I do use something like a feature after all :) 
Moral: pay close attention to your slips of the tongue and other speech errors...
-----------
UPDATE
-----------
Chris K swaps features between the onset and the coda of a single syllable - 
"wis.dom" -> "wis.bon"
by swapping the onset [+alveolar] with the coda [+bilabial]; leaving the rest intact...
Medal and honors to her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home