Brownian thought space

Cognitive science, mostly, but more a sometimes structured random walk about things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rochester, United States

Chronically curious モ..

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Marketplace

Pune has grown to include nearby villages. So we now live close to the Pashan village, which has a colorful Sunday marketplace!

  • Bangle shop: the women sit like they are at school. Instead of a blackboard, there is that wall of bangles, and this haggle-and-trial session lasted at least an hour

  • Dried fish shop. I didn't really know there were shops of this kind! The shopkeeper saw me with the cam and asked me to take a pic :)

  • Vegetable shop: Gourd Section. I won't pretend I know ALL the names...


  • Fast food stall: Mainly deep-fried stuff that should keep the carb-watchers busy.

  • Veg shop redux: with the local temple in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home